Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Inherited Her Mom's Buffy Strength, Freddie Prinze Jr. Reveals
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Miranda Lambert Kicks Up Her Heels, Jokes and Sings Songs About Heartbreak at Nashville Fundraiser
- Orange Is the New Black's Selenis Levya on Growing Up with a Transgender Sister: I Fight for Her 'on a Daily Basis'
- Olivia Culpo Bares All in Her First Naked Shoot
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 10, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 24
Casey Anthony: Could She Have Been Convicted?
Sixteen Months After Casey Anthony Was Acquitted of Murdering Her Daughter, New Evidence Emerges
How did investigators miss this search?
Although police had Anthony's hard drive for three years, they only checked the Internet history on one of the computer's two web browsers. "It was an oversight," says Nieves. Or as one investigator said, "We blew it."
Would this crucial evidence have convicted Casey?
It's hard to say. Although the user was logged in as Casey, the Internet search was done after George Anthony says his daughter left the house. "If you believe the search was done by Casey," says her defense attorney Jose Baez, "you can't accept the state's timeline of what happened that day." But Jeff Ashton, the prosecutor, told reporters, "It's just a shame we didn't have it. This would have put the accidental-death claim in serious question."
Can she be retried for murder?
Double jeopardy forbids a retrial. "It's over," says Florida legal analyst Bill Sheaffer. "She could confess, and there's nothing anyone could do about it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!