Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Yes, Sarah Jessica Parker's Met Gala Headdress Is Already a Meme
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Rihanna Wins for Biggest Train at the Met Gala: See the Stunning Photo
- Bow Down! Beyoncé Makes Waves in Sexy Sheer Gown – See It from All Angles
- Rihanna Steals the Show in One of the Night's Most Extravagant Gowns (and Not Much Else!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 03, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 23
For Kids with Autism, Wings to Fly
Pediatrician Wendy Ross was in the office in '09 when the mom of a patient, a girl with autism, called frantically from a Florida airport. Rattled by the boarding process, the child had such a terrible meltdown the family decided to get off the plane. "These families feel so trapped, it's heartbreaking," Ross says. "I thought, 'What can I do to make this right?'"
So Ross, a married mom of two boys, worked with clinicians and airlines to develop an air-travel program at Philadelphia International Airport that lets kids with autism practice everything from check-in and security screening to boarding a mock flight. This month United Airlines starts rolling it out nationally through Ross's Autism Inclusion Resources (autismir.com). Among those grateful for Ross's help: Sheila Mitchell-Green and husband Derek. Their 11-year-old son Julian struggles with lines but traveled smoothly when they visited Disney World last year. "This made," Sheila says, "all the difference in the world."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAGCOM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!