Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- George and Amal Meet Pope Francis! The Clooneys Honored for Charity Work at the Vatican
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Johnny Depp Steps on Stage with Band in Germany Amid Amber Heard Abuse Allegations
- Blac Chyna's Memorial Day Weekend Outfit Is Sweet (All that Pink!) and Spicy (All that Cleavage!)
- Pentatonix Member Kirstin Maldonado Got Engaged in Paris: See Her Gorgeous Ring and Sweet Proposal Pic!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 03, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 23
For Kids with Autism, Wings to Fly
Pediatrician Wendy Ross was in the office in '09 when the mom of a patient, a girl with autism, called frantically from a Florida airport. Rattled by the boarding process, the child had such a terrible meltdown the family decided to get off the plane. "These families feel so trapped, it's heartbreaking," Ross says. "I thought, 'What can I do to make this right?'"
So Ross, a married mom of two boys, worked with clinicians and airlines to develop an air-travel program at Philadelphia International Airport that lets kids with autism practice everything from check-in and security screening to boarding a mock flight. This month United Airlines starts rolling it out nationally through Ross's Autism Inclusion Resources (autismir.com). Among those grateful for Ross's help: Sheila Mitchell-Green and husband Derek. Their 11-year-old son Julian struggles with lines but traveled smoothly when they visited Disney World last year. "This made," Sheila says, "all the difference in the world."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAGCOM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!