Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teen Paralyzed by Stray-Bullet Gives Powerful Graduation Speech: 'My Mishap Does Not Define Me'
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- WATCH: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romantic Round-the-World Vacation: By the Numbers
- Before Texas Mom Pulled Gun and Killed Two Daughters, Divorce-Seeking Husband Told Her, 'You Have Ruined My Last Birthday'
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory's 45th Anniversary: Why Gene Wilder Was Robbed of an Oscar
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 26
The Cast of Les Misérables: Dream Team
Do You Hear the Oscar Buzz? An All-Star Cast Brings the Beloved Musical to the Big Screen on Dec. 25
As Fantine's virtuous daughter, Seyfried avoided most of the misery: no crash diets, no Paris sewer scenes. "I was the most comfortable of anybody in the cast!"
The role of the idealistic young rebel wasn't the one the British actor dreamed of. "I wanted to be [street urchin] Gavroche," he admits. "My inner 7-year-old was jealous."
Off-set singalongs calmed the nerves of the film's newcomer, who played the role onstage in London. "It linked us. Anne and I sang a duet from Rent. Amanda and I sang Adele."
He's intimidating onscreen, but on-set, Hathaway says, "Russell was the glue. He was the first to say, 'Why don't you come to my house? We'll have a couple drinks and we'll sing.'"
Sacha Baron Cohen
After the cast filmed weeks of wrenching scenes, "Sacha and Helena Bonham Carter [who plays the comic innkeeper's wife] arrived, and it was this lightness we all needed," says Redmayne.
PLAYS: Jean Valjean
A leader on-set, Jackman did his best to entertain the cast and crew. "I sang 'Hallelujah' with Russell," he says. "Annie and I did a bit of an impromptu show, waiting for the rain to stop."
Like everyone in the cast, Hathaway auditioned for her role. "They asked me to prepare 'I Dreamed a Dream'," she recalls. "This has been a joy. We're all such massive Les Mis geeks."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!