Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
- Mariah Carey and Brett Ratner Stroll Arm-in-Arm in St. Barts After Denying Their Romance
- We're Dye-ing Over these Easter Egg Designs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2012
- Vol. 78
- No. 26
The MasterChef judge shares a dish from his Chicago restaurant g.e.b. 'It's seasonal and delicious,' he says
CHICKEN & BUTTERMILK TARRAGON STRING BEANS
¼ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup buttermilk
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
3 cups green beans, blanched
1 tbsp. chopped tarragon
Salt and pepper
4 (8-oz.) skin on, boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp. cold, unsalted butter
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, buttermilk, mustard and lemon juice. Fold in beans and tarragon and season with salt. Chill beans for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, oven-safe saute pan or skillet. Place chicken in pan skin-side down and saute over medium heat until skin begins to crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add thyme and garlic. Swirl in butter and baste chicken with sauce. Serve with beans.
Giuliana & Bill Rancic's WINTER SALAD
The new parents-and owners of Chicago eatery RPM Italian-share a recipe that's 'easy and seriously delish,' says Giuliana
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD WITH PISTACHIOS & GOLDEN RAISINS
Makes 4 servings
1½ cups (½-in.) peeled butternut squash cubes
3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. honey
6 cups spinach
½ cup toasted pistachios, chopped
½ cup golden raisins
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400. Combine squash, 1 tbsp. olive oil and ½ tsp. sea salt on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, tossing to coat.
2. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
3. Whisk lemon juice, honey, remaining olive oil and ½ tsp. each salt and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
4. Combine spinach, squash, pistachios and golden raisins in large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss.
Pichet Ong's FRUIT TARTS
The pastry chef and judge on Food Network's Sugar Dome shares a comfort-food recipe
Makes 10 tarts
2 cups flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
2 egg yolks
3 tbsp. milk
10 tbsp. apricot preserves
10 tbsp. strawberry preserves
1 egg combined with
1 tbsp. water
1. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt and butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand. Whisk together egg yolks and milk and, in 2 additions, add to mixture in bowl, pulsing between additions. Continue to process until dough forms a ball. Divide in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350. On a floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a thin, 9"×12" rectangle. Cut those into 10 equal rectangular pieces. Top 5 pieces with 2 tbsp. each apricot preserves. Repeat on 5 other pieces using strawberry preserves. Cover each tart with remaining rectangles of dough. Press edges with a fork to seal.
3. Place tarts on parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush tops with egg wash, then cut a 2-in. slit in the top of each. Bake for 25 minutes. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- CONTRIBUTORS Jennifer Garcia,
- Liza Hamm,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!