Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- The Return of Miley! A New Video from Taylor! 5 Things We Can Expect to See at the VMAs on Sunday
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
- Suspect Arrested for Fatally Shooting Uniformed Texas Deputy at Gas Station: Reports
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 21, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 2
The Le Bernardin chef and host of the Cayman Cookout food festival shares an exotic main dish
BAKED CHICKEN WITH COCONUT BROTH
4 (8-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper
½ cup cilantro leaves
1 lime, sliced into 8 rounds
2 cups coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400. Cut 4 (20×8-in.) pieces of aluminum foil; fold each piece in half crosswise. Place foil sheets on ungreased baking sheet.
2. Place breasts on each sheet. Season with salt and pepper; top with several cilantro leaves and 2 slices of lime.
3. Pull edges of foil over chicken, creating a pouch. Pour ½ cup of milk into each packet; crimp remaining edges to seal.
4. Bake packets 12 to 15 minutes or until they're puffed. Cut an opening in top of each; fold back edges and serve.
For more info on the Cayman Cookout go to caymancookout.com
David Venable's CINNAMON BREAD
The QVC host and cookbook author shares an easy-to-make 'sweet and gooey treat' that's perfect for a weekend brunch
PULL-APART BREAD WITH CREAM CHEESE SAUCE SERVES 6 TO 8
8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 (1-lb.) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed and briefly kneaded together
1 cup golden raisins
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup confectioners' sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a small saucepan until butter smells nutty, 3 to 4 minutes. Cool slightly. In a bowl combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out bread dough into a 9×13-in. rectangle. Brush with the melted butter, then cover evenly with sugar mixture and raisins. Starting at the short end, roll dough into a log. Cut into 2-in. thick pieces. Arrange pieces, cut side up, in a greased 8-in. square pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, remaining butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until creamy. Use either as a dipping sauce or spread over bread before serving.
Adapted from In the Kitchen with David
Missy Robbins's POLENTA
The chef at New York City hotspot A Voce and Top Chef Masters alumna serves up some Italian comfort food
POLENTA WITH RICOTTA & NUTMEG
4 cups whole milk
2 cups water
1 cup coarsely ground polenta or cornmeal
6 tbsp. butter, divided
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
1½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
2 tbsp. ricotta cheese
Freshly grated nutmeg
Fresh baby arugula leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Bring milk and water to a low simmer in a medium saucepan.
2. Slowly whisk in polenta and cook over low heat, stirring often to avoid lumps, until thickened, 60 minutes.
3. Whisk in 4 tbsp. butter, cream, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Heat remaining 2 tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until golden brown with small brown flecks, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Place polenta in a serving bowl. Top with ricotta, drizzle with browned butter, and top with pepper, nutmeg and additional cheese.
6. Garnish with arugula leaves if desired.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!