Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miranda Lambert Looks Sexier Than Ever at the ACM Awards
- The Style Top 5: Gisele Bündchen Says Goodbye to the Runway,
New Ways to Use Food In Your Beauty Routine, and More
- Bruce Jenner: 'I Can't Let Myself Hurt' My Family
- Christina Aguilera: 'I Surrender to What the Universe Has to Bring Me'
- Kourtney Kardashian Really Wants You to See How She Pumps
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 21, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 2
Ty Ziegel 1982-2012: 'He Never Asked, Why Me?'
An Iraq Vet Featured in PEOPLE Dies at 30
Tragically, that life was cut short in the early-morning hours of Dec. 26, when the 30-year-old collapsed and died after joining friends at a local bar. As of press time, autopsy results were pending; his mother, Becky Ziegel, told the coroner he had a history of seizures.
He never embraced the term "hero," but those who knew him said he was one. After joining the Marines right out of school in 2001 (his younger brother Zachary, now 27, followed in his footsteps), he was patrolling in Anbar province with six other Marines when his truck was hit by a suicide car bomber. Ziegel, a machine gunner, was engulfed in flames; he underwent 30 surgeries and lost sight in one eye, his left arm below the elbow and three fingers on his right hand. But he never lost hope. "He was the same person he'd always been," Bitner says. "He was just happy."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!