Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Angelina Jolie Pitt on Humanitarian Trip to Myanmar: 'The Lack of Medicine and Healthcare Is a Top Priority'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Brooke Shields Honors The Blue Lagoon in Fun Instagram Photo
- Former Boxer Survives Shark Attack by Punching Great White Repeatedly
- James Taylor Performs 'Shed a Little Light' with Charleston Choir in South Carolina (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 18, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 7
In the Kitchen with Nigella Lawson
The Taste Judge Reveals the Guilty Pleasures She Keeps in Her Fridge (Bacon, Anyone?) and How She Lost Two Dress Sizes
In recent weeks, however, Lawson, 53, has barely been around to cook from the vast quantities of food stored inside (see box). Along with promoting her new Italian cookbook Nigellissima in the U.K. and preparing for a U.S. book tour, Lawson has been starring as a judge and mentor on ABC's new reality cooking competition The Taste, providing the compassionate counterpoint to Anthony Bourdain's acerbic wit. "When I'm doing my own shows, I have total control," she says, "but I felt drawn to do reality TV-and a little frightened." And a little exhausted. Given her whirlwind start to the new year, "I'd like to take a little time off and be a normal person at home and cook."
Back in London, Lawson and her husband of nine years, advertising mogul Charles Saatchi, 69, enforce rules in the kitchen for their children-Cosima, 19, and Bruno, 16 (their father was Lawson's late husband John Diamond, who died of cancer in '01), and Phoebe, 18 (Saatchi's daughter from a previous marriage). With food, "I have a strict no-contamination rule. I get furious if they've put crumbs in the butter or butter in the jam," says Lawson, who also bans electronics from the room. "I'm strict about no texting at the table." And if she's stumped about what to make for dinner, she has plenty of inspiration: Lawson owns nearly 5,000 cookbooks. "I haven't read every one," she says. "The nice thing about having so many is that you are endlessly discovering."
Lately, though, Lawson hasn't been indulging in too much. "I take everything in moderation," she says. But "I have a no-guilt policy. If I want to lie in bed and have a bar of chocolate, I don't think I'm going to turn into the world's biggest glob." Not that she's too concerned about her figure: She forbade execs to airbrush her stomach in ads for The Taste. "It would make me feel like I was being deceitful," she says. "I'm not a skinny person. There was a curvature, but it's not like you needed a wheelbarrow to prop it up!"
SICILIAN PASTA WITH TOMATOES, GARLIC & ALMONDS
1¼ lbs. fusilli
1¼ cups cherry or grape tomatoes
6 anchovy fillets
2 tbsp. golden raisins
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp. capers, drained
1/3 cup whole, blanched almonds
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup basil leaves, torn
1. Cook fusilli in boiling salted water according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, make the sauce by putting all the remaining ingredients, except basil, into a food processor. Process until you have a nubby-textured sauce. Just before draining the pasta, remove a cupful of pasta-cooking water and add 2 tbsp. of it down the funnel of the processor, pulsing as you go. Turn the drained pasta into a warm serving bowl. Pour the sauce on top, tossing to coat (add a little more pasta-cooking water if you need it) and strew with basil leaves.
- With Simon Perry/London,
- Michele Steuven/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!