Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About Khloé Kardashian (and Her Extensive Beauty Routine)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Finding Carter Stars Reveal Their #ManCrushMonday
- Robin Williams's Widow and Children Agree to Mediation in Fight Over His Estate
- Senior Citizens Go Bare in Calendar to Help Local Kids in Need
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 6
Behind the Hairstyles
There Are Twists, Turns and Unexpected Braids! the Stories Behind Some of Hollywood's Most Complicated Dos
The actress didn't just request braids. "She said, 'I want them tight, just like cornrows,'" says stylist Sean Mikel, who created Johansson's Veronica Lake-gone-punk do. "She's the type of girl that will take risks and do whatever. So I created an '80s undercut look."
Mara's stylist Christopher Naselli envisioned a "big, fancy braid" before he was inspired to create something "easy and undone." Ironically, creating a not-so-perfect look, which is one part bun, one part braid and a lot of loose waves, took an hour!
"The original style was down, but I didn't want her hair to get caught up in her dress. So we changed our game plan mid-play," says stylist John D., who wove these braids in 40 minutes. "The most complicated part is determining where the braided pattern goes."
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!