Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Star Wars-Entourage Mashup You Never Knew You Needed in Your Life
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Olivia Munn Teases Her X-Men: Apocalypse Costume: 'If the Latex Fits …'
- Horror in South Carolina: A Killing Caught on Video
- Mary J. Blige: Sam Smith Is 'My Little Brother'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 6
Behind the Hairstyles
There Are Twists, Turns and Unexpected Braids! the Stories Behind Some of Hollywood's Most Complicated Dos
The actress didn't just request braids. "She said, 'I want them tight, just like cornrows,'" says stylist Sean Mikel, who created Johansson's Veronica Lake-gone-punk do. "She's the type of girl that will take risks and do whatever. So I created an '80s undercut look."
Mara's stylist Christopher Naselli envisioned a "big, fancy braid" before he was inspired to create something "easy and undone." Ironically, creating a not-so-perfect look, which is one part bun, one part braid and a lot of loose waves, took an hour!
"The original style was down, but I didn't want her hair to get caught up in her dress. So we changed our game plan mid-play," says stylist John D., who wove these braids in 40 minutes. "The most complicated part is determining where the braided pattern goes."
April 16, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!