- 'You're in Good Hands Baby Girl': Sheriff's Deputy Hailed as Hero for Comforting Crying Baby at the Scene of Alabama Car Wreck
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- VIDEO: Meet the Next Disney Princess – and Get a First Look at Her Movie, Moana!
- How Blake Shelton's Moving On: 'He's Not Someone to Sit Around and Lick His Wounds'
- Exclusive Photo! Sandra Bullock's Happy Life with Boyfriend Bryan Randall
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- March 04, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 9
Making Movie Magic
As the Oscars Turn 85 on Feb. 24, the Academy Opens Its Archives to Reveal Rarely Seen Photos from Decades of Beloved
Behind the Scenes
On the Waterfront 1954
Director Elia Kazan said the film-about violence on New Jersey docks-reflected reality. "There were gangsters watching me shoot the picture." The key was Marlon Brando, because "he is a super-realistic actor."
West Side Story 1957
Director Jerome Robbins told his cast to act like rival gang members. "He wanted the Sharks to stay over there," star George Chakiris later said, "and the Jets to stay over there."
The Silence of the Lambs 1991
What made Hannibal Lecter so scary? Anthony Hopkins has said it was the serial killer's quiet simplicity: "That face mask he wears and that gurney they put him on ... it's so terrifying because it's all very clinical and clean."
While filming the epic disaster film's many water shots, Kate Winslet said costar Leonardo DiCaprio "was a certified scuba diver and didn't leave my side. He was amazing."
October 07, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!