Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Step Out for a Date Night in N.Y.C.
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Country Singer Cam Marries in Intimate Desert Ceremony: All the Details
- Presenting… Every Single Thing the Kardashians Have Said About Their Nipples
- WATCH: The Bachelor's Chris Harrison on His Love Life: 'I Truly Couldn't Be Happier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 04, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 9
Making Movie Magic
As the Oscars Turn 85 on Feb. 24, the Academy Opens Its Archives to Reveal Rarely Seen Photos from Decades of Beloved
Behind the Scenes
On the Waterfront 1954
Director Elia Kazan said the film-about violence on New Jersey docks-reflected reality. "There were gangsters watching me shoot the picture." The key was Marlon Brando, because "he is a super-realistic actor."
West Side Story 1957
Director Jerome Robbins told his cast to act like rival gang members. "He wanted the Sharks to stay over there," star George Chakiris later said, "and the Jets to stay over there."
The Silence of the Lambs 1991
What made Hannibal Lecter so scary? Anthony Hopkins has said it was the serial killer's quiet simplicity: "That face mask he wears and that gurney they put him on ... it's so terrifying because it's all very clinical and clean."
While filming the epic disaster film's many water shots, Kate Winslet said costar Leonardo DiCaprio "was a certified scuba diver and didn't leave my side. He was amazing."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!