Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 04, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 9
The executive chef of LYFE Kitchen restaurants puts a healthy spin on a classic dish
SOUTHERN OVEN UNFRIED CHICKEN
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp. hot sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1½ cups whole wheat or regular panko bread crumbs
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1½ tsp. onion powder
1½ tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. paprika
Organic olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Add the chicken and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2. Combine bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika in a self-sealing, gallon-size plastic bag.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade and place it in the bag. Shake well, until chicken is evenly coated. Lay chicken on lightly oiled baking sheet and chill uncovered for 30 minutes. Lightly coat with spray oil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until done.
LYFE Kitchen's frozen meals are available on amazon.com and hsn.com
The cookbook author and Cooking Channel host says 'this bowl of goodness is satisfying and simple to make'
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. ground allspice
¼ tsp. ground ginger
4 cups cubed butternut or other winter squash, fresh or frozen
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
¾ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. maple syrup
4 tsp. plain low-fat yogurt for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, allspice and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute more.
2. Add the squash, broth and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender and the broth is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes for fresh squash and 5 minutes for frozen. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Allow soup to cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth.
An updated version of Krieger's book Small Changes, Big Results is in stores now
Which kitchen accessories are going like hotcakes? Here are the five most popular buys at some of the major home stores
The Chef'n mixer spatula, $12; williams-sonoma.com
Artisan glass canisters, $12.99-$18.99; containerstore.com
Perrotti flatware, $50 for a five-piece setting; potterybarn.com
Le Creuset's stovetop "skinny grill," $79.95; surlatable.com
Dipped wood rolling pin, $19; westelm.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast,
- Emily Strohm.
September 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!