Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 11, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 10
Surprising Stories Behind the Gowns
Whose Dress Arrived Completely Sheer and Who Wore a Wedding Gown? All the Dazzling Details
in Zuhair Murad
Stylist Nicole Chavez requested this hand-beaded gown "immediately" upon seeing it on Zuhair Murad's runway in January, but it didn't arrive until a week before the show. Why the wait? The skirt was completely revamped. "It was originally a straight dress, and we worked with Zuhair to create a fuller look," says Chavez. The custom underskirt was flown in from Paris and sewn in by an L.A. seamstress. "I wanted more of a train-more drama-for the Oscars."
HAD IT LINED!
in Elie Saab
Why did the flawless, 48-year-old presenter have a nude lining sewn into her embroidered lace cap-sleeve gown? "On the runway, it is completely sheer, and clearly we were not putting her on the red carpet in a completely sheer dress," says her longtime stylist Deborah Waknin, who called dibs on the "edgy T-shirt dress" even before it was shown in January. Once the wardrobe malfunction-preventing underlay was in place, adds Waknin, "everybody had a good laugh."
SPIED IT 3 YEARS AGO!
in Reem Acra
"Kristen had a roomful of dresses from current collections, but once she tried this one on we knew," says her stylist Tara Swennen, who spotted the Spring 2009 bridal gown years ago. "I told Kristen then, 'Someday you will wear this to the Oscars!'"
CHOSEN BECAUSE IT MATCHED HER HAIR!
in Giorgio Armani
Though she ultimately chose her copper-colored gown to complement her tresses, the color "was inspired by a shirt in my closet!" says her stylist Elizabeth Stewart. But the custom creation (see sketch, left) was not her only choice. "We had an incredible dress in place that needed a bit more work," says Stewart. "So this dress stepped up."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!