Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Scott Eastwood Says He Never Saw Any Tension Between The Rock and Vin Diesel on Set of Fast 8
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Who Is Terra Jolé? 5 Things You Need to Know About the History-Making DWTS Contestant
- Fitness Trainers Gain 60 Lbs. and Drop it Again to Demonstrate How Hard it Is to Lose Weight
- WATCH: Dancing with the Stars Champion Nyle DiMarco Strips Down for Chippendales Gig
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 25, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 12
Giving Birthday Joy
A MOM'S MOMENT: Celebrating son Alex's third birthday at a park in '05, Amy Cervantes gazed at the Thomas the Tank Engine cake and pile of presents. "A spark went off," says Amy, 40. "I thought, 'What about kids who aren't able to celebrate and know how important they are?' "
FAMILY MISSION: Starting with a luau-themed party for kids at a homeless shelter, Amy, husband John, 40, a financial adviser, and their three boys have since feted more than 10,000 needy kids through their nonprofit Bright Blessings (brightblessingsusa.org). Relying on donations and volunteers, they hold monthly birthday bashes for groups of children, with face-painting, cupcakes and gifts like footballs and board games.
DAY TO REMEMBER: Alexis Odugba, living with her mom in Charlotte's YWCA shelter, celebrated turning 14 in February with pizza and gifts of perfumes and lotions. "I got to blow out a candle, and people sang 'Happy Birthday,' " she says. "I felt very special."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAGCOM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!