Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nick Lachey: Why I'll Have a 'Different Kind of Love' for My Daughter
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- 25 Years Later, Revel in the Nostalgia of The Wizard
- Inside Bradley Cooper's Moving American Sniper Role
- Lance Bass: I Want My Wedding to Be the Royal Wedding Meets the Met Ball
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 25, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 12
Giving Birthday Joy
A MOM'S MOMENT: Celebrating son Alex's third birthday at a park in '05, Amy Cervantes gazed at the Thomas the Tank Engine cake and pile of presents. "A spark went off," says Amy, 40. "I thought, 'What about kids who aren't able to celebrate and know how important they are?' "
FAMILY MISSION: Starting with a luau-themed party for kids at a homeless shelter, Amy, husband John, 40, a financial adviser, and their three boys have since feted more than 10,000 needy kids through their nonprofit Bright Blessings (brightblessingsusa.org). Relying on donations and volunteers, they hold monthly birthday bashes for groups of children, with face-painting, cupcakes and gifts like footballs and board games.
DAY TO REMEMBER: Alexis Odugba, living with her mom in Charlotte's YWCA shelter, celebrated turning 14 in February with pizza and gifts of perfumes and lotions. "I got to blow out a candle, and people sang 'Happy Birthday,' " she says. "I felt very special."
KNOW A HERO? SEND SUGGESTIONS TO HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAGCOM
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!