Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Tiffany 'New York' Pollard Is Hosting a Unique Gay Dating Series
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- More than 100 Reality Stars Raise $135,000 (and Counting) for Give Kids the World
- Blind and Deaf Dog Needs Home After Blind Owner Is Forced to Give Him Up
- Wells Adams Gets Tangled Up with Three Women on Bachelor in Paradise – but Who Will Get His Rose?
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 16
Annette Funicello: 1942-2013
Bravely Fighting Illness, the Disney Star Never Lost Her Mouseketeer Spirit
On April 8 Funicello succumbed to complications from her MS at age 70, in a Bakersfield, Calif., hospital with her children Gina, Jack Jr. and Jason Gilardi by her side. "She's on her toes dancing in heaven," said Gina. "No more MS." That illness had forced Funicello to retreat from Hollywood, but "she never wanted pity," says Back to the Beach costar Lori Loughlin. At the end she was cared for by her second husband, racehorse-breeder Glen Holt. Her long battle was as inspiring as her career, says Paul Anka, who dated her and wrote his classic song "Puppy Love" about her: "By discussing her MS with courage and candor, she showed the best side of herself."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!