Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 06, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 18
Kerri Walsh: Gold Medal Delivery
Pregnant When She Won Her Third Olympic Championship at the London Games, the Beach Volleyball Star Welcomes a Baby Girl
Born April 6
7 lbs. 3 oz.
Kicked back in her bedroom, gazing lovingly at her 5-day-old daughter Scout, Olympic beach volleyball champ Kerri Walsh Jennings has a bit of news for anyone thinking that motherhood has mellowed her. "Being a mom has given me perspective," she says. "But I still want to kick everyone's ass."
On April 6 in Los Angeles, Walsh, 34, gave birth to the child she was carrying when she and teammate Misty May- Treanor won their third consecutive gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. But in recent days the tireless mother of three (including sons Joey, 3, and Sundance, 2) has taken a rare break from her grueling gym and beach workouts.
"Kerri never stops," says husband Casey Jennings, 37, a pro-volleyball player, "so it's been nice seeing her lying in bed for a bit with the baby."
Not for long. The sleep-deprived new mom, who tipped the scales at 197 lbs. ("That was a bit tough on the ego," says Walsh, who is 6'2") just before giving birth, is already eyeing the 2016 Olympics. "I want to win my fourth gold," she says, adding that she may even be pregnant with a fourth child when the Rio de Janeiro games kick off. "If we were to have another," she laughs, "that would be a great time."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!