Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 20, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 20
Nick Lachey's Pop Life
The Singer and New Dad Opens Up About Life 2.0: 'Family Is Everything to Me'
It's a new dawn indeed for the pop star turned family man. "Vanessa and I were at the point in our lives where we were 100 percent ready to become parents," says Lachey, 39. "Every single thing in your life changes, and we welcomed that." Despite juggling diaper duty at home with a busy career—he's hosting two NBC shows, releasing his first album in 13 years with his band 98 Degrees on May 7, kicking off a summer tour (see box) and promoting his album A Father's Lullaby, in stores now—he says, "It's been a long time since I've felt this calm."
That is, until he packs up the family for almost three months of living on a tour bus shared with Nick's brother Drew and his wife, Lea, and two children. "Camden will be a rock and roll kid," says Lachey, laughing, who sees himself and Vanessa, 32, as "pretty chill" first-time parents. "We're not overly obsessive or controlling—I like to think we're cool and hip." But definitely not too Hollywood. The family is currently splitting time between California and Lachey's native Ohio, and "Cincinnati is definitely the long-term plan," he says. "I've just never been able to wrap my head around raising kids in L.A."
With turning 40 right around the corner ("It doesn't really bother me," he says), Lachey is excited about future milestones, including adding one or two more kids to the brood. "I have a beautiful wife who is a beautiful mother, and our life is everything I could have possibly envisioned for my family," he says. "These are shaping up to be the most magical years of my life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!