Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Three's Company: Zac Efron, Sami Miró and His New Mustache Go on a Date
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- FIRST PHOTO: See Lance Bass and Husband Michael Turchin in Their Wedding-Night Tuxedos
- Horror in Brooklyn: Police Officers Assassinated in Gunman's Ambush
- These Celebrity Gingerbread Houses Are Too Sweet to Eat
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 09:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 20, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 20
'I'd bring handfuls of pine nuts from the tree in our backyard so my mom could make this for me,' says the chef
BASIL PESTO AND FETTUCCINE
2 cups basil leaves, packed
¾-1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup pine nuts
2½ cloves garlic
¾ cups Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
1 lb. fettuccine
1. In a food processor, combine basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until mixed but still chunky. Add cheese and pulse to combine.
2. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Place fettuccine in a bowl. Add a little pasta water to pesto to loosen the sauce. Pour pesto over fettuccine. Toss and serve.
Viviani's new book Fabio's Italian Kitchen is available in stores now.
'My mother used to make this simple tart when I was growing up,' says the Top Chef star. 'To this day it reminds me of home'
Serves 6 to 8
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder Pinch salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for coating pan
1 cup sugar, plus 2 tbsp.
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. fresh strawberries, halved Juice of half a lemon
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Butter a 9-in. springform pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Using a mixer on a low speed, incorporate flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 20 minutes.
3. Arrange strawberries in concentric circles on top of dough. Pour lemon juice evenly over strawberries. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over strawberries. Bake tart until edges are golden and center is set, 45 minutes. When tart is cool, run a sharp paring knife around the edge, and then remove the sides of the pan.
Adapted from Simmons's Talking with My Mouth Full
Cortney & Robert Novogratz's
Looking to add a bit of life to your home? The design experts hunt down some fun animal accessories
"The bird and floral pattern reminds me of spring," says Cortney.
Bird Plate, $5; pier1.com
"This is our favorite piece in our new collection," says Robert. "Who doesn't love monkeys?"
Luli Table Lamp, $129; cb2.com
"Kids love these vintage-style cushions," says Robert.
Golden Retriever Mini Cushion, $30; areaware.com
Cortney loves this "elegant" cocktail mixer.
Norpro Pete the Penguin Cocktail Shaker, $39.99; casa.com
"I'm getting hungry just looking at it," jokes Robert of the "stylish and graphic" print.
Butcher's Kitchen Print, $45; thefancy.com
"How cute is this?" says Cortney of the bamboo clock.
Modern Baby Hedgehog Clock, $48; bobbyberkhome.com
"Sky blue is a great color this season," notes Cortney.
Owl Garden Side Table, $98; urbanoutfitters.com
The new Novogratz Brasil Collection is in CB2 stores now.
- CONTRIBUTORS Catherine Kast,
- Michelle Ward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!