- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Who Paired Up, Who Broke Down – and Who Went to the Hospital
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Isn't Ready to 'Expose' Herself in a Swimsuit
- Watch Rachel Dratch Turn a Dull Den into the Most Fun Room in the House
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- May 27, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 21
The Boston chef—and brother of Mark—shares a recipe from his burger joint Wahlburgers. 'The flavor combo is wicked good,' he says
2 tbsp. each mayonnaise and mustard
1½ tbsp. canola oil
½ tsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
½ lb. ground chuck
4 slices bacon, cooked
¼ cup melted butter
4 slices thick-sliced white bread
6 slices American cheese, halved
12 slices dill pickle
1. Whisk together mayonnaise and mustard; set aside.
2. Cook onions in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 10 to 15 min. or until onions are caramel-colored. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Shape beef into 2 patties. Season with salt and pepper. Grill patties over medium-high heat for 5 min., turning once. Remove from heat. Top evenly with onions and bacon. Keep warm.
4. Brush both sides of bread slices with melted butter. Cook bread in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 min. or until golden. As bread cooks, top each with 3 cheese slices.
5. Transfer bread to cutting board. Arrange pickles evenly over 2 bread slices; spread 2 tbsp. mustard sauce over the pickles. Top with patties and remaining bread slices. Slice each melt diagonally into 2 pieces.
The reigning Top Chef champion shares a dessert that's great 'with fresh berries, ice cream or simply on its own,' she says
LEMON OLIVE OIL CAKE
1 cup cake flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking powder ¼ tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
2½ cups sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
1½ cups whole milk
1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup sweetened coconut, lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9×13-in. pan.
2. In a bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until mixture forms a ribbon. Stir in zest, milk and oil until combined.
3. Fold in dry ingredients and coconut. Pour into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
HGTV's Designed to Sell star suggests some of her favorite ways to add a stylish touch to a backyard bash
Pedersen's dessert tip: "This filling will help you make an award-winning pie."
Cherry Pie Filling, $14.99; norskenook.com
"These ice cube shapes look supercute with berries in them," she says.
Silicone Ice Cube Tray, $9; westelm.com
"Adding a monogram to this pie dish makes it extra special," she says.
Personalized Pie Dish, $49.95; redenvelope.com
This urn is "a must for outdoor entertaining," says Pedersen.
Glass Drink Dispenser, $59; potterybarn.com
"Nothing says 'Americana' more than checkered table settings," she says.
Picnic Check Napkins, $19.95 for 4; surlatable.com
"This pie cutter lets you slice and serve with one utensil," she says.
Zyliss Pie Server, $12.95; crateandbarrel.com
For a festive flair, Pedersen suggests placing these silver candles in cupcakes.
Metallic Celebration Candles, $12.95 for 12; creativecandles.com
Here's the recipe contestant Mary Poehnelt wowed Gordon Ramsay with this week
GRILLED STEAK WITH GINGER-MUSHROOM BROTH & RADISH AND ORANGE SALAD
3 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. sesame oil
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
¾ cup enoki mushrooms, or your favorite mushroom sliced thin
1½ cups sliced rainbow chard, or any leafy green
5-6 radishes, sliced thin
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1½ lb. grilled flank steak, sliced thin
1. In a large pot, sauté ginger and garlic in sesame oil for 2 minutes. Add broth and soy sauce. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add mushrooms and chard.
2. Combine radishes, orange sections, vinegar, oil and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. To serve: Pour broth into a bowl. Top with steak and radish orange mixture.
Adapted from an original recipe
Hell's Kitchen airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. central on FOX
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast,
- Michelle Ward.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!