Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Bieber Sued By Toronto Uber Driver for Alleged 2013 Assault
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Mom Whose Inspirational Bikini Photo Went Viral: 'I Hope Other Women Pick Up That Torch and Run With It'
- Mom Claims Her Special Needs Son Was Forced to Remove Varsity Letter After a Parent Complained
- Germanwings Co-Pilot Was 'Unfit for Work' on Day of Tragic Crash
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 10, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 23
An award-winning dish - it wowed judges at this year's South Beach Wine & Food Festival—from the legendary New York City chef
N.Y. STRIP STEAK WITH TOMATO, ARUGULA & SALSA
3 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
2 red finger, Fresno or serrano chilis, seeded and diced
10 whole shallots
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. tomato paste
4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 (16-oz. each) N.Y. strip steaks or shell steaks
Salt and pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (4-oz.) bag baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450º. Roast peppers and chilis until charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Toss shallots with olive oil and roast until tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and chop into 1-in. pieces. Combine peppers, chilis, tomato paste and vinegar. Add shallots.
2. Turn oven down to 400º. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Roast until medium rare, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly and toss with pepper-shallot mixture, tomatoes and arugula.
The country star - who's launched his own line of rums - shares some fave drink recipes. 'I wanted something that tasted like a slow day in the islands,' he says
Pour 1½ oz. coconut rum and 4 to 6 oz. diet cola into an ice-filled highball glass. Stir briefly. Garnish with lemon wedge.
Combine 1 sliced strawberry, 1 lemon wedge and 1 tsp. agave nectar in a cocktail shaker; muddle well. Add 1½ oz. coconut-spiced rum and 2 dashes bitters. Fill shaker two-thirds full of crushed ice; shake vigorously. Strain over ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with strawberry slice and lemon wheel.
Pour 1½ oz. white rum, ¾ oz. orgeat (almond) syrup, ½ oz. green chartreuse liqueur and ½ oz. fresh lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled two-thirds full of crushed ice. Shake well; strain over ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with lime peel.
Chesney's new line of rum Blue Chair Bay is available in stores now
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast,
- Michelle Ward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!