Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- It's a Girl for Evan Ross and Ashlee Simpson!
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Couple Murdered in Front of Their Daughter After They Stopped to Help a Stranded Motorist: Police
- Why is Owen Wilson Making Out with The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe?
- Reese Witherspoon Goes to the Salon for Some 'Baby Blonde,' Plus, See Which Model Has Rainbow Hair
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 27, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 21
At Home with Dan Brown: Design by Da Vinci Code
Filled with Secret Passages, Mysterious Symbols and Buried Treasure, the Author's Estate Brings His Novels to Life
That's what Brown, 48, had in mind when he and his wife, Blythe, 60, a painter, spent six years expanding and renovating the former hunting lodge they'd bought a few weeks before The Da Vinci Code was published in 2003. "We designed everything ourselves. This would be a house where Robert Langdon lives," says Brown, referring to the Harvard professor of symbology who's the hero of the megaselling Code and three other Brown novels, including his latest, Inferno, out this month. Along with the hidden passageways, which delight his two young nephews ("They get lost in here!"), there are codes and symbols everywhere. Even the stones in his driveway, Brown confesses, "are laid out according to the Golden Ratio." And lest he forget the fans who made it all possible, there's a bookcase in the library that holds one copy of each of his books from around the world - in 52 languages. "We call it," he says, "the Fortress of Gratitude."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!