Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Dean McDermott Guest Stars on CSI as a ... What? (PHOTO)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Jordan Nickerson, 7-Year-Old Cancer Patient Taylor Swift Serenaded, Is in Remission (VIDEO)
- Missing College Student's Keys Found Almost One Month After He Went Missing
- Camila Alves Blogs: My 5 Easy-to-Make Holiday Recipes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 24, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 25
The chef at Brooklyn hot spot Antica Pesa—celebs from Tom Hardy to Madonna are fans! - shares a Sicilian dish
PASTA ALLA NORMA
2 large eggplants, sliced in ¼-in. slices Salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 celery ribs, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 (28-oz.) can plum tomatoes, chopped
½ tsp. sugar
6 basil leaves, chopped
1 (16-oz.) package rigatoni pasta
3½ oz. ricotta salata, grated
1. Sprinkle eggplant with 1 tbsp. salt. Place in a colander, cover with a weighted plate, and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Rinse eggplant and pat dry.
2. Coat eggplant slices in flour. Cook in batches, using 2 tbsp. oil for each batch, in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes until golden. Set aside. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
3. Cook onions, celery, carrots and ½ tsp. salt with remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Add tomatoes and sugar, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
4. Cook pasta in large Dutch oven until al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup cooking water; drain pasta and return to Dutch oven.
5. Add half of eggplant to sauce; cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes. Add sauce to pasta, adding reserved pasta water if needed. Garnish with remaining eggplant slices and grated ricotta salata.
IT'S YOUR TURN! Show us what you're cooking up at people.com/yourturn
The chef and judge on CBS's The American Baking Competition puts her twist on a classic dessert
Serves 6 to 8
18 cinnamon-sugar graham crackers
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz.) can condensed milk
15 oz. fresh ricotta or requesón cheese
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. fresh orange zest
4 large eggs
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Process graham crackers in food processor until finely crumbled. Add butter; process until blended. Pat crumbs over bottom and 1½ in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Place on baking sheet; bake 10 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
3. Beat cream cheese and condensed milk at medium speed in bowl of electric mixer until smooth. Add ricotta, vanilla and orange zest; beat until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Bake 50 minutes until cheesecake is puffed and golden and a tester inserted 1 in. from center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 35 minutes. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve at room temperature.
The American Baking Competition airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. Central on CBS.
- CONTRIBUTOR Catherine Kast.
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!