Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Adorable Way Bindi Irwin's Little Brother Is Helping Her Prep for Dancing With the Stars
- Read the Cover Story:
Josh Duggar's Shocking Double Life
- Judalon Smyth, Who Testified against Erik and Lyle Menendez, Speaks Out for First Time in 20 Years
- Watch the Cast of Scream Queens Compete in an Ice Cream Eating Contest
- Princess Mette-Marit Uninjured After Car Accident on Her Anniversary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 24
The lifestyle guru and host of two PBS cooking shows shares an easy-to-make summer recipe
TARRAGON SHRIMP SCAMPI
½ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
2 small onions, peeled and coarsely grated
1 tsp. coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 small bunch fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1½ lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic and onions with salt and pepper over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add tarragon and cook for 1 minute. Do not let the mixture brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Combine shrimp with onion mixture and lemon juice in a large bowl stirring well. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
3. Preheat broiler to high. Arrange shrimp in large ovenproof skillet. Pour any remaining marinade over shrimp. Broil 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and topping is browned. Serve immediately.
Check local listings for new seasons of Martha Stewart's Cooking School and Martha Bakes on PBS.
Diane von Furstenberg's SUMMER SALAD
The designer shares a favorite dish from her personal chef Jane Coxwell. 'I love how fresh her food is,' she says
GREEN APPLE & MACADAMIA QUINOA
1 cup uncooked quinoa
½ cup macadamia nuts
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 small green onion, thinly sliced
¾ cup seeded diced cucumber
1 cup diced green apple
½ cup diced green pepper
¼ cup diced celery
½ red Serrano chili, seeded and thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp., or to taste, agave nectar
¾ tsp., or to taste, flaky salt
1. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. In a small, dry skillet, toast the macadamia nuts until evenly browned, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often to keep them from burning. Crush the nuts lightly with a knife.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, macadamia nuts and the remaining ingredients. Toss and check for seasoning; add more lemon juice and salt if necessary.
Coxwell's new cookbook Fresh Happy Tasty is in stores now.
Michael Romano's LEMON SQUARES
The James Beard award-winning chef's dessert is a staff favorite at New York City restaurant Eleven Madison Park
Makes 24 squares
2¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 cups sugar, divided
Pinch of salt
½ lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
4 large eggs, lightly beaten Juice of 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Whisk together 2 cups flour, ½ cup sugar and salt in a large bowl. Work softened butter into dough just until combined. Press dough evenly into bottom of an ungreased 9×13-in. baking pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is firm and golden. Remove from oven to wire rack.
4. Combine remaining sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Whisk in eggs and lemon juice until smooth. Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes just until filling is set. Topping will firm up as bars cool. Transfer pan to wire rack; cool completely.
5. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into 2-in. squares; remove from pan with metal spatula. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Family Table by Romano and Karen Stabiner is in stores now.
- CONTRIBUTORS Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast.
August 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!