Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,183 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Florida Officials Searching for Reckless Couple Who Killed Seabirds and Damaged Turtle Nests
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Taylor Kitsch Talks Thrill-Seeking with Navy SEAL Friends
- The Craziest Foods at the 2015 Iowa and Minnesota State Fairs
- Jeremy Renner: 'I Don't Care' If People Think I'm Gay
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 17, 2013
- Vol. 79
- No. 24
Jean Stapleton: 1923-2013
The Brilliant Comedian Helped Make Archie Bunker's Wife into a Heroine for the Ages
On May 31 Stapleton died at age 90 of natural causes. For her colleagues, her memory lives on. "Working with Jean was one of the greatest experiences of my life," says Family costar Rob Reiner. Adds Sally Struthers: "My 'mother,' Jean, was a great friend for 43 years. I learned so much from her, about acting, motherhood and love."
Married to director William Putch for 25 years until his death in 1983, Stapleton had two children who cherish her legacy. "Being the children of a beloved mother on television means sharing the spirit of who Jean Stapleton was," her son and daughter John and Pamela Putch said in a statement. "It is with great love and heavy hearts that we say farewell to our collective Mother with a capital M."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!