Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bruce Jenner to Pose for Cover of Vanity Fair, Sources Say
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- How Residents in the Duggars' Town Are Reacting to Josh's Molestation Scandal: 'People Are Super Embarassed'
- Mindy Kaling Gets an Adorable Bob Haircut to Kick Off Summer!
- The Bachelor's Whitney and Chris Thanks Fans for Their Support After Ending Engagement
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
Up in Smoke?
Seven Stolen Master-Works Worth Some $130 Million May Have Been Incinerated by a Mother Looking Out for Her Alleged-Art-Thief Son
Or, as art-security expert Anthony Amore put it, "a horrifying crime against culture." Incineration of such treasures is so unthinkable that officials initially didn't believe Dogaru—who reversed herself in a July 22 court appearance, insisting, "I did not burn them." But after forensic testing of the ashes by Romania's National History Museum, its director Ernest Oberlander-Tarnoveanu tells PEOPLE, "The evidence is clear." Experts saw traces of mineral pigments and blacksmith-forged nails consistent with those that would have been used by Monet or Gauguin. "It's beyond my imagination why someone would do this," he says. As one source close to the investigation ventures, "Mothers from Romania love their sons very much."
- With Peter Mikelbank/Paris,
- Maaike Ruepert/Amsterdam.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!