Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
Up in Smoke?
Seven Stolen Master-Works Worth Some $130 Million May Have Been Incinerated by a Mother Looking Out for Her Alleged-Art-Thief Son
Or, as art-security expert Anthony Amore put it, "a horrifying crime against culture." Incineration of such treasures is so unthinkable that officials initially didn't believe Dogaru—who reversed herself in a July 22 court appearance, insisting, "I did not burn them." But after forensic testing of the ashes by Romania's National History Museum, its director Ernest Oberlander-Tarnoveanu tells PEOPLE, "The evidence is clear." Experts saw traces of mineral pigments and blacksmith-forged nails consistent with those that would have been used by Monet or Gauguin. "It's beyond my imagination why someone would do this," he says. As one source close to the investigation ventures, "Mothers from Romania love their sons very much."
- With Peter Mikelbank/Paris,
- Maaike Ruepert/Amsterdam.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!