Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Bieber Shares Video from His Community Service: 'Work Hard, Play Hard'
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- 8 Tunes to Get You Through the Weekend, Courtesy Pentatonix
- Lamar Odom Hospitalized After Being Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel
- Gigi Hadid Wears Backless Gown, Goes Topless in Revealing New Shoot (PHOTOS)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
Up in Smoke?
Seven Stolen Master-Works Worth Some $130 Million May Have Been Incinerated by a Mother Looking Out for Her Alleged-Art-Thief Son
Or, as art-security expert Anthony Amore put it, "a horrifying crime against culture." Incineration of such treasures is so unthinkable that officials initially didn't believe Dogaru—who reversed herself in a July 22 court appearance, insisting, "I did not burn them." But after forensic testing of the ashes by Romania's National History Museum, its director Ernest Oberlander-Tarnoveanu tells PEOPLE, "The evidence is clear." Experts saw traces of mineral pigments and blacksmith-forged nails consistent with those that would have been used by Monet or Gauguin. "It's beyond my imagination why someone would do this," he says. As one source close to the investigation ventures, "Mothers from Romania love their sons very much."
- With Peter Mikelbank/Paris,
- Maaike Ruepert/Amsterdam.
October 10, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!