Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Shop This Flattering Jumpsuit Before It Sells Out (Again!)
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- RHOA Star Claudia Jordan: 'People Are Tired of NeNe Leakes Fighting' (VIDEO)
- Cynthia Lennon, Ex-Wife of John Lennon, Has Died
- Catherine Giudici and Sean Lowe Are Expecting Their First Child: See Her Baby Bump (PHOTO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
The Royal Christening
GOWN OF AGES
Hand-sewn in 1841, the original royal christening gown worn by the Queen, Prince Charles, William and Harry was made with the same kind of lace used in Queen Victoria's wedding dress. But time has taken its toll, and the new future heir will likely wear a replica created by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and her team.
Di with Will (as Charles watches).
Queen Victoria and the future King Edward VIII.
The future Queen Elizabeth II with her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York.
Princess Elizabeth holds Charles.
Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby is expected to do the honors.
THE LILY FONT
Commissioned by Queen Victoria, the silver-gilt basin that holds baptismal water has been used by royals since 1841.
- with Moira Bailey,
- Philip Boucher,
- Liz Corcoran,
- Alicia Dennis,
- Shruti Desai,
- Monique Jessen,
- Sandra Sobieraj Westfall,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!