Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- Photo Proof That Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez Never (Ever!) Age
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
The Royal Christening
GOWN OF AGES
Hand-sewn in 1841, the original royal christening gown worn by the Queen, Prince Charles, William and Harry was made with the same kind of lace used in Queen Victoria's wedding dress. But time has taken its toll, and the new future heir will likely wear a replica created by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and her team.
Di with Will (as Charles watches).
Queen Victoria and the future King Edward VIII.
The future Queen Elizabeth II with her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York.
Princess Elizabeth holds Charles.
Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby is expected to do the honors.
THE LILY FONT
Commissioned by Queen Victoria, the silver-gilt basin that holds baptismal water has been used by royals since 1841.
- with Moira Bailey,
- Philip Boucher,
- Liz Corcoran,
- Alicia Dennis,
- Shruti Desai,
- Monique Jessen,
- Sandra Sobieraj Westfall,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!