Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 22, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 4
The Georgia chef and author of A New Turn in the South serves up a summery salad with a kick
WATERMELON SALAD WITH FETA, ARUGULA & SERRANO CHILI VINAIGRETTE
Makes 4 servings
½ cup olive oil
1 to 2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced and divided
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
1 shallot, minced
1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
1 medium seedless watermelon, peeled
4 oz. baby arugula leaves
18 oz. block feta
1. Combine olive oil with half of chilies, next 4 ingredients and ¼ tsp. salt in a jar with tightly fitting lid; shake vigorously and set aside.
2. Cut watermelon into 16 3-in. squares approximately ¾-in. thick. Combine watermelon squares, arugula and remaining chilies in a large bowl. Toss gently with half of vinaigrette. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
3. Cut feta in 12 3-in. squares approximately ¼-in. thick. Divide arugula mixture among 4 plates. Stack 1 slice of melon and 1 slice of feta on top of greens. Repeat process using remaining melon and cheese slices. Garnish salads with dressed serrano slices and additional vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Dressing - which increases in spiciness during storage - may be refrigerated up to 10 days.
The cofounder of the DavidsTea stores shares some ways to add a fresh spin to a favorite summer beverage
MANGO ICED TEA
Makes 1 serving
Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 tbsp. loose mango tea leaves in a small bowl. Cover and steep 4 to 7 minutes. Pour tea through a wire mesh strainer into an ice-filled (16-oz.) glass; discard tea leaves. Add agave nectar and more ice, if desired. Stir well before serving.
SPEARMINT TEA MOJITO
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Pour 2½ cups boiling water over 3 tbsp. dried spearmint leaves in a medium bowl; cover and steep 4 to 7 minutes. Strain tea through a wire mesh strainer into pitcher filled with ice cubes; discard tea leaves. Stir ½ cup rum, ½ cup fresh lime juice and ¼ to ½ cup agave nectar into tea mixture. Pour tea evenly into ice-filled (12-oz.) glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and lime wedges.
ICED TEA POP
Makes 1 serving
Pour ½ cup boiling water over 1½ to 2 tbsp. loose black tea leaves in a small bowl; cover and steep 4 to 7 minutes. Strain tea through a wire mesh strainer into a (16-oz.) glass; discard tea leaves. Whisk 2 tsp. agave nectar into tea, if desired. Top tea with 1 cup ice and 1 cup sparkling water. Swirl glass gently before serving.
"Our Mango Fruit Punch is my favorite summer flavor," says Segal.
Mango Fruit Punch Tea, $6.75 for 1.76 oz.; davidstea.com
The Barefoot Contessa shares her fave accessories for outdoor dining
"These elegant lanterns light the way to the party and back!"
Amalfi Square Medium Lantern Polished Nickel, $65; rh.com
"Lavender towelettes are a great way to end a messy clambake."
Herban Essentials Towelettes, $18 for 20; elizabar.com
"Instead of a clunky cooler, I use a pretty basket to carry everything."
French Market Basket, $40; simplepeace.com
Garten's line of frozen meals, Barefoot Contessa Sauté Dinners for Two, are now available in grocery stores.
"I use tablecloths for a picnic. They're easy to carry and launder."
Vintage Ticking Stripe Tablecloth, $69; potterybarn.com
Garten loves to use these "gorgeous" disposable plates for mealtime.
Rose Grosgrain Paper Plates, $4.50-$6 a set; casparionline.com
"These look expensive, but they're unbreakable."
Govino Stemless Wine Glasses, $12.95 for set of 4; cb2.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Ana Calderone,
- Catherine Kast,
- Michelle Ward.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!