Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Duff Goldman's Ice Cream Burritos Are Everything We Want for the Super Bowl, and In Life
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Mother Pleads Guilty to Assault After She Claimed for Years Her Daughters Suffered from Severe Health Problems
- Which Fellow Country Singer Is Keith Urban Crushing On?
- Jennifer Grey on Her Dad Joel Grey's Coming Out: 'I Feel Very Happy' for Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 05, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 6
India Hicks: Baby's First Year
One of Princess Diana's Bridesmaids, Hicks, 45, Is the Goddaughter and Cousin of Prince Charles.
In the Queen's generation, it was unheard of to take your children on what was essentially a business trip. When you went on a royal tour, representing your country, children would have been considered a distraction. [William and Kate] will be totally different. Now we are much more hands-on. It will be much easier for Kate to say, "It would be unforgivable to leave my children behind."
Hicks (below with daughter Domino, 5) has a new jewelry line, Love Letters (indiahicks.com).
For William (in 1983 at 7 months), royal life "is his normality," says Hicks. "He has known nothing else."
PARENTING THE ROYAL WAY
"We will see a very different upbringing for this child" than royal babies past, Hicks says. "But however modern they are, William's grandmother sets the scene, and with her comes formality. For him, the boss is there. And I'm sure Kate feels that too."
"With Kate [in 1982], there is much more informality about her and her background," says Hicks.
- with Moira Bailey,
- Philip Boucher,
- Liz Corcoran,
- Alicia Dennis,
- Shruti Desai,
- Monique Jessen,
- Sandra Sobieraj Westfall,
- Suzanne Zuckerman.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!