Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 28, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 18
The Chew cohost whips up a Halloween treat for grown-ups
PUMPKIN BOURBON SHAKE
Makes 2 servings
3 to 4 cups vanilla ice cream
½ cup canned pumpkin purée
3 oz. bourbon
¼ to ½ cup milk
3 tbsp. caramel sauce or dulce de leche
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
Dash of ground cloves
Garnish: whipped cream, caramel sauce, ground cinnamon
1. Combine ice cream and next 7 ingredients in an electric blender; mix until smooth. Adjust ice cream and milk to achieve desired consistency. Pour into 2 (16-oz.) glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Clinton Kelly's new book Freakin' Fabulous on a Budget is in stores now.
The Food Network Star winner shares 'the perfect Halloween treat!'
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SANDWICH COOKIES WITH PUMPKIN BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Makes 12 sandwich cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened and divided
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 tbsp. canned pumpkin puree
Orange liquid food coloring
1. Beat ½ cup butter and next 2 ingredients at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg; beat until blended. Reduce speed to low; add milk and 1 tsp. vanilla.
2. Combine oats and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350º. Drop dough evenly in 2-tbsp. mounds onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
4. Beat remaining ½ cup butter and powdered sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin; beat until blended. Add remaining 1 tsp. vanilla and orange coloring, as desired; beat well.
5. Arrange half of cookies upside down on a baking sheet. Spoon frosting over center of cookies. Top with remaining cookies; press gently to distribute frosting.
Phillips's show Southern at Heart premieres Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10:30 a.m. EST.
The reigning champ of HGTV Star shares some stylish ways to give your home a fright-night vibe
An antique-style cake stand adds the perfect ambience, says Brooks. Cake Stand, $21.99; save-on-crafts.com
"The amethyst-colored stems make these glasses great for Halloween." Denby Amethyst Red Wine Glasses, $25.99 for set of 2; bedbathandbeyond.com
"Staggering candles is a definite do," she says. Decorative Pillar Candles, from $19.50; potterybarn.com
"The bat silhouettes on this runner give a subtle nod to the occasion." Spooky Table Throw, $89; potterybarn.com
Brooks suggests using twisted bonsai trees to get a Sleepy Hollow feel. Chinese Elm Bonsai Tree, $49; brusselsbonsai.com
For an added "spook factor," Brooks suggests downloading Victorian-era portraits and framing them. Oval Picture Frame, $9.99; target.com
POP CULTURE COSTUMES
'Musicians, celebrities and scandal-prone politicians are go-to choices every year,' says Zachary Garfinkel, the costume concierge at Ricky's NYC (rickyshalloween.com). Here are some of the trendy getups of 2013
Dress up as the feline Internet meme with this crafty mask. Unhappy grumpy cat felt mask, $9; etsy.com
A little camo and lots of hair turn you into Uncle Si from A&E's reality show. InCharacter Duck Dynasty Uncle Si costume, $29.99; amazon.com
Pay tribute to the AMC series by going as Walter White. Breaking Bad Toxic Suit, $48.99; halloween costumes.com
GAME OF THRONES
An outfit inspired by the Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi, from the HBO drama. Barbarian Warrior costume and wig, $39.99 and $24.99; spirithalloween.com
Re-create the singer's infamous VMA look. Twerkin' Teddy costume and Party Finger, $39.99 and $8.99; spirithalloween.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Ana Calderone,
- Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!