Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- It's Kerry Washington's Birthday – Let's Look Back at Her Transformation
- Which Royal Spouse Will Star in a Reality Show?
- Is Christian Siriano Still Getting Married?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 25, 2013
- Vol. 80
- No. 22
The chef shares a 'sweet, savory and easy to make' dish from her new book Giada's Feel Good Food
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE
Makes 4 servings
1 pork tenderloin (1 lb.)
¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper, divided
2 tbsp. safflower or grape-seed oil, plus more for pan
1 large shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup each dry white wine, honey and Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp. unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Season pork with ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Brown pork on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
2. Transfer pork to a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 160°. Transfer meat to a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes before slicing into ¼- to ½-in.-thick slices.
3. Cook shallot in 1 tbsp. oil in skillet used for browning pork over medium-high heat, 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, ¼ tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper; cook 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer 1 minute. Whisk in honey, mustard, vinegar and thyme; simmer 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted and smooth. Top pork slices with sauce; serve immediately.
Adapted from original recipe.
Check out our new CelebFood app! Go to people.com/mobile for more great pork recipes.
The Cupcake Wars champ—and author of The Dollop Book of Frosting—shares festive icing recipes
SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING
Makes 2½ cups (for 24 cupcakes)
Cook 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup unsalted butter and 1/8 tsp. coarse sea salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp. vanilla extract and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until creamy and thickened. Do not overcook. Remove from heat; transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature.
Makes 2½ cups (for 24 cupcakes)
Beat 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; gradually add 2½ cups powdered sugar, 1 tbsp. vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, and beat until blended. Add 20 peppermint candies, finely crushed; beat 5 minutes, until mixture is blended and smooth.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP FROSTING
Makes 2 cups (for 24 cupcakes)
Beat ¾ cup butter, softened, on low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes, until creamy. Add 2¼ tsp. vanilla extract; beat 1 minute. Gradually add 12/3 cups powdered sugar and a pinch of salt; beat 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add ½ (4.67-oz.) package chocolate mint candies (14 candies), chopped, and 3 to 4 drops green food coloring; beat 2 to 3 minutes, until creamy and blended.
BLACK & WHITE DECOR
The interior designer (and fiancé of design expert Nate Berkus) shares some favorite home accents
"Add warmth to a room with these candle holders."
Selenite Votives, $19.95 to $29.95; zgallerie.com
What does Brent love about this tray? "Texture, texture, texture!"
Rattan Rimmed Serving Tray, $69.50; kouboo.com
"Use this bowl to store fun objects—or even those ugly remotes."
Large Crocheted Rubber Bowl, $89; gretelhome.com
"Graphic prints add a perfect modern touch."
Theoretical Space Framed Print, $129; westelm.com
"This throw makes a great accent to any sofa or chair."
Knit Blanket, $79.95; hm.com
A LITTLE SPARKLE
These pieces from his fiancé's line "serve as 'jewelry' in any space," says Brent.
Nate Berkus for Target Frames and Pillows, $12.99 to $24.99; target.com
- CONTRIBUTORS Ana Calderone,
- Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!