Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out Which TV Star Just Called Kim Kardashian's Platinum Hair 'Jarring'
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- We Tried It: A Wacky (But Awesome) Beauty Product
- Ashton Sachs: 'I Can't Believe Somebody Killed My Parents'
- Friends Forever! Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Confirm BFF Status with Love Lock in Paris
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Disney Star Zendaya: Making Candy at Home
Mom and Daughter Create Sweet Memories with Homemade Chocolate Gifts
Makes 2 dozen
72 cashews (or pecan halves), toasted
1 (11-oz.) package of caramel candies, unwrapped
1½ tbsp. butter
1 (12-oz.) package of milk chocolate morsels
1. In clusters of three, arrange nuts 2 in. apart on 2 waxed-paper-lined baking sheets.
2. Microwave caramel candies and butter on low (30%) power 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. caramel over each cluster; cool 15 minutes.
3. Microwave chocolate morsels on medium (50%) power 1½ minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. chocolate over each candy; smooth with spatula. Chill candies until firm.
4. Store candies airtight between layers of waxed paper in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 1½ lbs.
4 (3.53-oz.) bars Belgian milk chocolate
1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels
½ cup crushed peppermint candies
1. Microwave milk chocolate at medium (50%) power 1½ minutes; stir. Continue heating in 15- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Spread chocolate over waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until firm.
2. Melt white chocolate morsels as directed for melting milk chocolate. Spread evenly over chilled milk chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Chill until firm.
3. Break into small pieces. Store airtight between layers of waxed paper in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Makes 7 dozen
2 cups chunky peanut butter
1 (16-oz.) box powdered sugar
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup (6 oz.) unsalted butter (softened)
2 (12-oz.) packages milk or semisweet chocolate morsels
1. Beat peanut butter and next 3 ingredients with electric mixer at low speed until blended. Shape mixture evenly into 84 (1-in.) balls; place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill until firm.
2. Microwave chocolate morsels at medium (50%) power 1½ minutes; stir. Continue heating in 15- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip chilled peanut butter balls into chocolate, using a fork, to coat evenly; return balls to baking sheets. Chill until firm.
3. Store candies airtight between layers of waxed paper in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
March 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!