Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Major Kid! DJ Khaled Shows He Can't Wait to Be a Dad at the MTV Video Music Awards
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Rihanna Opens the 2016 MTV VMAs with a Showstopping Medley of Her Biggest Hits
- How Beyoncé Made a Powerful Black Lives Matter Statement on the VMAs Carpet
- From Amped-Up Cat Eyes to Sexy, Wet Hair, Here Are the Hottest VMAs Beauty Trends
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Haylie Duff: Cocktails & Canapés
The Actress and Author of the Real Girl's Kitchen Suggests Ditching the Sit-Down Dinner in Favor of a Mellow Approach to Entertaining
MUSHROOM & HERB CROSTINI
Makes 24 appetizers
1 French baguette, cut in ¼-in. slices
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup Gruyère cheese, grated
1 tbsp. butter
5 cups mixed mushrooms, coarsely chopped
½ cup white wine
1 tbsp. tamari
¼ cup each chives and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Truffle oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange on baking sheet; bake 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn oven to broil.
2. Sprinkle baguette slices with cheese; broil just until cheese melts.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, wine and tamari; cook, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Season mixture to taste with sea salt.
4. Spoon mushrooms evenly over baguette slices. Garnish with chives and parsley. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 24 appetizers
24 pitted dates
3½ oz. blue cheese, softened
2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
12 slices thick-sliced bacon, halved crosswise
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice dates lengthwise ¾ of the way through; remove seeds.
2. Stir together blue cheese and cream in a small bowl. Spoon small scoops of cheese mixture evenly into dates; press edges of dates together. Wrap bacon strips around dates; secure with wooden picks. Arrange dates on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Haylie's Spicy Brandy Alexander Makes: 1 serving
Combine 2 tbsp. brandy, 2 tbsp. dark crème de cacao, 2 tbsp. half-and-half, a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and a pinch of ground cinnamon in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker 2/3 full of crushed ice; cover, and shake vigorously. Strain mixture and pour into a chilled martini glass. Add ½ tbsp. cinnamon-flavored candies; dust with ground cinnamon.
ASPARAGUS & PROSCIUTTO CRESCENT ROLLS
16 asparagus spears
1 (8-oz.) package refrigerated crescent rolls
8 slices prosciutto
2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Trim ends of asparagus spears about 3 inches. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles according to package directions.
2. Layer prosciutto slices and cheese evenly over dough triangles. Top each triangle with 2 asparagus spears. Roll up loosely, beginning at large end of triangle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!