Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miranda Kerr Shows off Her Engagement Ring from Snapchat Founder Evan Spiegel (on Snapchat of Course!)
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Gene Wilder 'Was In a Class By Himself' Says Young Frankenstein Co-Star Cloris Leachman In Touching Tribute
- Diane Kruger Gives C.J. Parker a Run for Her Money in Red One-Piece Swimsuit
- Stanford Sexual Assault Convict Brock Turner to Be Released From Jail on Friday
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Fun New Trend: Dessert Flights
Bring Home the Hottest Food Fad by Serving a Sampling of Sweets Such as These Created by Acclaimed Pastry Chef Dorie Greenspan
Makes 24 to 28
Vegetable oil baking spray
2 tbsp. port (Bin 27 is recommended)
1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
10 oz. finely chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, divided
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs, cold
½ tsp. fine sea salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1. Position oven racks to divide oven into thirds. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 2 mini muffin pans lightly with baking spray.
2. Bring port and 2 tbsp. water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low; stir in cherries. Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Transfer cherries to a bowl; cool.
3. Combine butter and 6 oz. chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; stir mixture often until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat; whisk in sugar. (Mixture will be grainy.) Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Whisk in salt and pepper. Gently stir in flour, cherries and remaining chocolate. Divide batter among muffin tins.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are uniformly dull and a wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in tins to room temperature before unmolding.
Adapted from Greenspan's Broundie cookie recipe.
Baked Baby Apples • Makes 4
Stir together 1/3 cup dried cranberries, ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped, 2 tbsp. sugar, ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. ground ginger; set aside. Slice ½ in. from the top of 4 small apples, leaving stems intact; remove cores. Fill center of apples evenly with cranberry mixture; top with pats of butter. Place apples in an 8-in. baking dish; pour ½ cup water or apple cider around apples. Bake at 350°, basting every 15 minutes, for about 45 minutes, or until apples are tender. Let stand 20 minutes; serve warm or at room temperature with Greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Milk & Cookies Shake • Makes 4
Process 2 cups milk, 4 large scoops coffee ice cream, 4 tsp. instant espresso powder and 4 crushed spice cookies in blender. Pour into 4 (5-oz.) glasses. Top with additional crushed cookie crumbs. Makes enough for seconds!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!