Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ken Jeong: I Want to Do a Community Movie
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Inside Kim Richards' Embarrassing Downfall: 'She Mismanaged Her Money and Is Wrecking Her Life,' Says Source
- Sandra Bland's Mother Concedes It's 'Possible' Daughter Killed Herself in Jail as Family Files Lawsuit
- What Do $312,000 Shoes Look Like? Let Beyoncé Show You
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 17, 2014
- Vol. 81
- No. 7
The bestselling cookbook author shares a favorite dessert
Makes 14 to 16 cookies
¾ lb. unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup good raspberry preserves
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Roll the dough to ¼-in. thick and make 2¾-in. cutouts with a plain or fluted cutter. With half of the cutouts, use a 1-in. cutter to remove the middle. Place all cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature. Spread raspberry preserves on the flat side of each solid cookie. Dust the top of the cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar, and press the flat sides together, with the raspberry preserves in the middle and the confectioners' sugar on the top.
Garten's frozen meals, Barefoot Contessa Sauté Dinners for Two, are available in grocery stores.
REPRINTED FROM THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA COOKBOOK. COPYRIGHT © 1999 BY INA GARTEN
'People go overly sweet on Valentine's Day, and this is the perfect antidote to that,' says the Iron Chef champ and owner of New York City's Lamb's Club
Makes 1 cocktail
Combine 2 oz. rye whiskey, ¾ oz. Campari, ¾ oz. sweet vermouth and 2 dashes Angostura bitters in a mixing glass. Add ice and stir until chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with an orange peel, finely peeled without the pith.
The owner of the L.A. bakery Valerie Confections shares a treat from her cookbook Sweet
Makes about 50
6 oz. each milk and bittersweet premium baking chocolate (such as Ghirardelli or Valrhona), finely chopped
¾ cup plus 2 tbsp. raspberry puree (available on amazon.com)
¼ cup crème fraiche 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp. raspberry liqueur
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup red or pink decorating sugar
24 oz. chocolate candy coating
1. Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
2. Heat raspberry puree and crème fraiche in a small saucepan over medium heat to just boiling; pour over chopped chocolate and let stand 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth and glistening, about 2 minutes. Add butter; stir about 1 minute until completely melted. Stir in liqueur. Pour mixture into a parchment-lined 13×9×2-in. baking pan.
3. Cover chocolate mixture with a sheet of parchment paper; set aside in cool place for 4 to 6 hours until set.
4. Scoop chocolate mixture into small balls; place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours until truffles are set and develop a thin "crust."
5. Combine cocoa powder and decorating sugar in a small baking pan; set aside. Melt candy coating according to package directions. Dip truffles into candy coating using a fork. Roll dipped truffles in cocoa mixture; transfer to parchment-paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Adapted from original recipe
The actress shares some of the heart-themed accessories she can't live without
"Thank-you notes are my life; they're so important."
Sugar Paper Lettterpress Heart Note Set, $18; jcrew.com
"These plates are so cute," says Barrymore.
Valentine's Day Plates, $35.95 for set of 4; williams-sonoma.com
"Delicious chocolate in my favorite shape!"
Small Valentine's Day Keepsake Heart, $50; godiva.com
"These look beautiful on shelves or a table."
Heart Pad Printed Bowls, $8; westelm.com
"My husband and I gave these out in our wedding packages."
Kate Aspen Bamboo Cheese Board, $4.49; bedbathandbeyond.com
"This wine stopper sells itself!"
Heart Wine Stopper, $75; aerin.com
FIND IT IN EVERYTHING
Barrymore's new book features photos of heart shapes she found all over the world.
Check out our new CelebFood app! Go to people.com/mobile for more great cookie recipes.
- CONTRIBUTORS Ana Calderone,
- Liza Hamm,
- Catherine Kast.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!