Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- PEOPLE's Guide to the 2015 Super Bowl
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Scarlett Johansson Shows Off Stunning Post-Baby Body 4 Months After Giving Birth
- Bruce Jenner's Family All Support His Transition Decision, Says Source
- Disney-Inspired Cocktails For Adults Who Don't Want To Grow Up
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 2014
- Vol. 82
- No. 3
Jessica Alba's Body of Work
Need Some Gymspiration? Find Out How the 33-Year-Old Actress Got Fit to Bare (Almost) All in the Sin City Sequel
To reprise her role as stripper Nancy Callahan in Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, "our focus was on leg strength and endurance," says Jennifer "JJ Dancer" Johnson, Alba's trainer and choreographer for the film (out Aug. 22). Along with dance cardio, the star used resistance bands to sculpt her glutes and did lunges in heels, which "made her legs lean and defined," Johnson says.
At first "she was a tiny bit shy. She's not a dancer," says Johnson. But after a few weeks "I'd have her winding, grinding and gyrating like a pro!" An added benefit: "Doing body rolls worked her abs, because you're pulling in from your core." Their three-hour sessions, up to five times a week, paid off for the mom of two. "Jess said her body looks the best when she's dancing," says Johnson.
- CONTRIBUTOR Michelle Ward.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!