– Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind actress Kate Winslet, on how she gets into character
"The last marriage that was televised was Prince Charles and Lady Di, and that didn't work out too well."
– Donald Trump, on why he decided against airing his Jan. 22 nuptials to Melania Knauss
"I find the whole Beyonce thing really mystifying. She's not sexy, she hasn't got a great body and she's not a great singer."
– American Idol judge Simon Cowell, to Esquire magazine
"He had it all. A little bit of devil, a whole lot of angel, wit, charm, good looks, superb timing and great, great class."
– Bette Midler, on Johnny Carson
"All of us who came after are pretenders. We will not see the likes of him again."
– Late Show host David Letterman, on Carson's legacy
Jeff Spicer / ALPHA / GLOBE
– Minnie Driver, to Ellen DeGeneres, on not being able to eat while wearing a corset for Phantom of the Opera
"I wanted to play guitar, but my hands weren't big enough. So my parents said, 'Start on piano,' which sucked. I appreciate it now, but back then, ugh."
– Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, whose rock band is up for six Grammys, mainly for its No. 1 album American Idiot
"Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese are talking about making a sequel to the '70s classic Taxi Driver. It will be called, You Talkin' to Me, Focker?
– Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey