– Teri Hatcher, on how she's preparing for her interview with Barbara Walters, airing Oscar night (Feb. 27)
"It's a lifetime achievement award, which is completely and utterly surreal, given I'm only 30 years old."
– Oscar nominee and former child star Leonardo DiCaprio, upon accepting his honor at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival
"I love my community and I have great faith in our justice system. Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court. I deserve a fair trial like every other American citizen."
– Michael Jackson, in a court-approved statement to the press
"I could never do an impression of Liza – there are so many men in this town who could do a better job than me."
– Actress Jane Krakowski, who is scheduled to play Liza Minnelli in a biopic of the designer Halston
"I'm pleased as punch."
– Clint Eastwood, upon winning the Directors Guild Award for Million Dollar Baby
"They would get me to do naughty things and I miss that."
– Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton, recalling her days as one of the Spice Girls
Sara De Boer / Retna
– All My Children's Susan Lucci (a.k.a. Erica Kane), after receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It stopped raining just long enough for the soap star's ceremony
"I can't imagine how much I've grown."
– Hide & Seek star Dakota Fanning, 10, reflecting on her career, which she started at age 6
"Just let me digest it, and then we talk about dresses."
– First-time Best Actress nominee Catalina Sandino Moreno (Maria Full of Grace), on answering the important Oscar question: What will she wear?
"Michael Moore announced his latest project: A film looking at voter fraud at the Oscars."
– Jay Leno, on the controversial film director's lack of an Academy Award nod