– Fat Actress star Kirstie Alley, on how her weight gain was due to laziness
"There is no use in being the head flea on a dead dog."
– Kevin Costner, on why he took a supporting role in The Upside of Anger
"We'll try to get the pattern from her."
– Martha Stewart, on the fashionable poncho a fellow inmate made for her as a going-away gift
"It just sounded much more appealing than creating my own awards show."
– Alanis Morissette, on why she's recording an acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of her best-selling album's release
"When I first started doing The Pacifier, I was thinking, 'My God, these people have been getting away with murder! I'm practically killing myself in other movies, while they're doing these movies where all they've got to do is laugh and have fun.' "
– Action star Vin Diesel, on doing the family-friendly comedy, which opened at No. 1
Stephen Lovekin / FilmMagic
– Lindsay Lohan, on her father Michael's attempt to gain part of his daughter's earnings
"It's a big undertaking to move 19 young ladies under one roof, and it sets the tone for some good TV ... having their monthly cycle coming together, and emotions and moodiness and competitiveness."
– Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, on his efforts to cast an all-girl band on MTV's Making the Band 3
"I am of the Grease age. I was 12 years old, or 8 years old, or 7 or 6 – I don't know ... some ridiculously small age when Grease came out."
– Uma Thurman, on how she first became acquainted with her apparently much older Be Cool costar John Travolta