Osbourne Daughter: Breast Cancer Scare

Osbourne Daughter: Breast Cancer Scare
Aimee and Sharon Osbourne
Jennifer Graylock/Retna

04/07/2005 AT 08:10 AM EDT

Aimee Osbourne, the eldest daughter of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne and the sole family member not to participate in the clan's recently retired MTV reality series, is now starring in her own real-life drama.

Aimee, 21, is being treated in Los Angeles following the removal of a lump from her breast, her mother has announced.

"Aimee's had a breast cancer scare. She found a lump on her breast which she's had removed," Sharon Osbourne, 51, said in a statement. No further details were provided, including whether the lump was benign or malignant.

Sharon and Aimee had been set to star in a London production of The Vagina Monologues starting this past Tuesday, but they withdrew last Friday, citing "personal reasons" and saying only that Aimee was ailing.

"The operation went very well on the whole, but there have been a few minor complications and she will be having more treatment and lots of rest over the next few weeks," the family matriarch said. "We're sure she'll make a complete recovery."

Sharon is familiar with battling disease, having been diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002. She made a full recovery.

As her statement also went on to say: "Health really is the most important thing in life. After the 12 months we've had, no one realizes that more than me. I promise to let you know the second that she gets the all-clear."

At the time of last week’s announcement that the Vagina Monologues appearance was being canceled, Sharon told Britain's Sun tabloid: "I am beginning to wonder when this bad luck's ever going to stop."

Besides Sharon's well-documented cancer battle, in November thieves broke into their English country mansion and stole jewelry, and earlier last year Ozzy, now 56, suffered a near-fatal crash on his quad bike while on the grounds of the estate. Two weeks ago, on Good Friday, the Osbournes had to flee their country house, where a blaze broke out due to faulty electrical wiring.

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners