Singer Kylie Minogue Has Breast Cancer
DIAGNOSED: Australian pop star Kylie Minogue, 36, has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will undergo immediate treatment, her management team said, adding that her "Showgirl" tour of Australia has been postponed. Her cancer is said to be in its early stages. In a statement, Minogue said: "I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans. Nevertheless, hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."
DELIVERED: Colin Farrell, 28, offered a loving farewell, peppered with jokes, at his grandfather's funeral in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday, calling him the "most beautiful of men," reports the Associated Press. "Granddad would never curse, so it's fitting that I should now be standing in front of you today," the Alexander actor quipped at the funeral Mass of Jimmy Monaghan, 89, who died Thursday. Delivering an oration to more than 100 mourners inside the Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, Farrell read a poem he'd written – "in case the whole acting thing doesn't work out" – in tribute to Monaghan, "the truest father, the greatest man, the one and only 'Gentleman Jim.'"
BORN: Journey drummer Deen Castronovo, 40, and wife Julie, 34, are the proud parents of their new little drummer boy, Roman Jude Castronovo, born May 8, PEOPLE reports. The new arrival weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. The family lives in Salem, Ore.
SUED: Paper Moon and Bad News Bears star Tatum O'Neal, 41, is being sued by her insurance company, Merrimack Mutual Fire Insurance, which claims that last year the actress caused a fire in her Manhattan apartment costing more than $75,000 in damages, according to court papers obtained by Celebrity Justice. The insurance company seeks to be reimbursed because of O'Neal's alleged "carelessness, recklessness and negligence," though it reportedly is not specified in the suit what might have happened to cause the blaze.
FOUGHT: Warren Beatty – thwarted in an attempt to revive Dick Tracy onscreen by Tribune Media Services, which claims control over the funny papers detective – is suing the Chicago-based company for $30 million, saying Tribune violated a complex agreement regarding the Tracy rights. Beatty, 68, made a 1990 Dick Tracy film for Disney, which gave Beatty back most of the rights this month, his attorney Bert Fields tells AP. Fields said Beatty's original agreement with Tribune was negotiated specifically to allow the 68-year-old actor a chance to make another Tracy film. Tribune Media Services rep Steve Tippie said he had not yet seen the lawsuit and could not comment.