– Tom Cruise, when asked by Oprah Winfrey if he planned to propose to girlfriend Katie Holmes, whose childhood dream was to marry the Top Gun hunk.
"No secret recipe for it, really. Just consuming vast quantities of food and lifting heavy weights."
– Christian Bale, when asked how he packed on 100 lbs. for his title role in Batman Begins
"Give her a break. She's 18 years old, having fun a little bit – so what? We can't expect to be perfect when we're kids, man."
– Former teen idol Matt Dillon, on his Herbie: Fully Loaded costar Lindsay Lohan
"Everything has been going so well lately, it literally brings me to my knees."
– Pregnant pop star Britney Spears, writing on her Web site about renovating her house and starting to decorate the baby's room
"He seems like a great guy. I'd never heard him talk before, and I still don't think I have."
– Emmy-award winning talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, after interviewing Spears's famously unintelligible husband, Kevin Federline
"We were going to start working on it after the tour was over. … Now it will be put off; not forever – we pray and hope – but for the time being."
– Olivier Martinez, on plans to start a family with girlfriend Kylie Minogue, who had a cancerous lump removed from her breast last week
"There's a part of me that feels like I have a mission to look like crap on film."
– Cinderella Man's Paul Giamatti, known for his disheveled movie characters
James Quinton / WireImage
– Gwyneth Paltrow, on recovering from clinical depression after her dad, director Bruce Paltrow, succumbed to throat cancer in 2002
"Somebody told me recently they stopped coloring their hair after I did so well on the challenges."
– Silver-haired New York City firefighter Tom Westman, 41, winner of Survivor: Palau
"He's the one that always comes through and saves everybody. I'd like to have a pal like that who would come and save me once in a while."
– George Lucas, discussing his favorite Star Wars character, R2-D2. The last installment of the franchise grossed a record-breaking $158.5 million in its first four days of release