– Destiny's Child, announcing that they will break up after the summer
"Personally, I think it's a bad move on my part."
– Brad Pitt, regretting dying his hair platinum blond
"This is possibly the most shameful situation I've ever gotten myself in, in my life, and I've done some pretty dumb things in my life. So to actually make a new No. 1 is spectacularly stupid."
– Russell Crowe, apologizing for throwing a phone at a New York City hotel concierge, to David Letterman
"Contrary to reports, I was not overheard in a restaurant saying, 'Oh no, not again.' That's absolute rubbish."
– Danielle Spencer, on finding out that husband Crowe had been arrested
"You get hot, you sweat and you get a headache. But I'm not going to bitch about it. I'm playing Batman!"
– Christian Bale, on wearing his costume in Batman Begins
"He didn't smell too good when I was working with him and he was in that suit."
– Batman Begins costar Gary Oldman, on Bale
Nathan Shanahan / WireImage
– Tom Cruise, on whether there is a ring in his and Katie Holmes's future
"Never get a tattoo with someone's name on it unless you're ready to get another one put over it."
– Billy Bob Thornton, whose ex-wife Angelina Jolie had his name removed from her left arm
"George Lucas is a sadist, but like any other young girl in a metal suit chained to a metal (creature), I keep coming back for more.''
Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia in the first three Star Wars movies, at the AFI Awards honoring the films' creator