– Tom Cruise, to pranksters who squirted water in his face at the London premiere of War of the Worlds
"Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes announced that they have gotten engaged. Afterward, Katie Holmes was very excited and said, 'I couldn't believe it when my publicist told me.' "
– Conan O'Brien
"Tom Cruise, but I would not want him jumping on my couch in them."
– Kenneth Cole, when asked who he would love to see wearing his shoes
"In terms of your life, if you start to exploit it, then what's real, and what's not? What's yours and what isn't?"
– Cruise's ex-wife Nicole Kidman, to Vanity Fair
"Black guys love me – Damon Dash, P. Diddy. 50 (Cent) called my agent for my number. He said he was watching Mean Girls and loved it. I was freaking out! The first thing I thought was, 'Where's Eminem?' I'm in love with him!"
– Lindsay Lohan, to Elle magazine
"When the world ends in 200 years, it'd be nice to have it be, 'Oh yeah, and the best band was Coldplay.' "
– Chris Martin, on his long-term goal for his chart-topping band
Debbie VanStory / iPhoto.ca
– Nick Lachey, on his shopping addiction – home-improvement superstore Lowe's
"The roles have gotten better, but the girls have disappeared."
– Batman Begins' Michael Caine, on aging in Hollywood
"It's not like I can say, 'God I'm sexy.' If I do, my wife clubs me."
– Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey