Fake Bomb Rattles Prince Harry's School
The Sun newspaper claims that Harry, 20, was at Sandhurst while its reporter spent eight hours wandering the grounds and school halls carrying a fake explosive. The reporter apparently approached the academy saying he would like to research the 20th-century military in the school library, the Associated Press reports.
In light of the Sun's story, Defense Secretary John Reid said Thursday that his department has launched a review of security. He did not confirm whether Harry was present at the time of the alleged lapse in protection of the third in line to the throne.
"I have demanded an immediate investigation into this serious security breach. I have instructed Sandhurst to change their procedures to prevent a recurrence," Reid said.
The Sun said its reporter, who has not been named, posed as a student, wandering into residential areas where cadets sleep. Early last month, Harry began a tough 44 weeks of intensive training as an army officer at Sandhurst.
A spokeswoman at Clarence House, the residence of Prince Charles, said, "we never comment on security matters."
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine