06/22/2005 at 08:00 AM EDT
Leonardo DiCaprio has filed a report with Los Angeles police, saying that he was attacked with a deadly weapon while attending a party given last week by Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend, Rick Salomon.
The Aviator star, 30, contacted LAPD's Hollywood division Monday afternoon to file the complaint. The attacker – said to be a woman – has not been identified.
"The incident occurred during the early morning hours of June 17 when Mr. DiCaprio was attending a party at the home of a friend in Hollywood Hills," police said in a statement. "As a result of the assault, Mr. DiCaprio suffered a laceration to the left side of his neck, requiring several sutures. The investigation is ongoing and no one is in custody at this time."
As PEOPLE reported last weekend, DiCaprio was assaulted early Friday morning during a small party at Salomon's home.
In a statement to PEOPLE, the actor's publicist, Ken Sunshine, said: "While leaving a small private gathering, Leo was attacked by a woman who was trespassing and had been repeatedly asked to leave the property. The attacker struck him with a glass object before being restrained by witnesses. The woman was reportedly looking for an ex-boyfriend, who she had apparently physically assaulted on prior occasions."
DiCaprio was at a small party hosted by Salomon (who costarred with Paris in their notorious sex video), when at around 4 a.m., the woman hit him in the face with what appeared to be a beer bottle, a source reports. After the incident, an ambulance wasn't called but friends took him to a hospital for medical attention, where he received about a dozen stitches near his ear, says the source.
The actor was in Los Angeles on a break from shooting the Martin Scorsese-directed movie The Departed in Boston and New York.