– Ashlee Simpson, to Entertainment Weekly, on recording her upcoming album, In Another Life, minus the cameras from her MTV reality show
"Am I lonely? Yes. Am I upset? Yes. Am I confused? Yes. Do I have my days when I've thrown a little pity party for myself? Absolutely. But I'm also doing really well."
– Jennifer Aniston, on her state of mind since the demise of her marriage to Brad Pitt, to Vanity Fair
"No one could ad lib like Peter. Sometimes he drove me crazy because he knew so many details. He just died much too young."
– Barbara Walters, on friend and ABC News anchor Peter Jennings, who died Aug. 7 at age 67
"I feel as if I've lost a member of my family."
– Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw, on Jennings’s death
"I do think that it's an interesting phenomenon that somebody really can be famous for being super-good-looking. And that's what she and I both have done."
– Host Jimmy Kimmel, on Pamela Anderson, at her Comedy Central Roast, to air Aug. 14
"I have to say I am a little nervous – the freshmen that I'll be with were eighth-graders when I graduated from high school."
– Former POW Jessica Lynch, on starting college at age 22
Fitzroy Barrett / Globe
– Kate Hudson, who is married to musician Chris Robinson, after telling Access Hollywood that monogamy is unrealistic
"I'm not much of a weed guy. But when you're on Willie's bus ... You try and say no to Willie. Let Nancy Reagan try and say no to Willie. Bet she can't do it. I couldn't either. And I never will."
– Johnny Knoxville, to Entertainment Weekly, on fraternizing with costar Willie Nelson at the wrap party for The Dukes of Hazzard
"It's been reported that Britney Spears is having financial trouble and recently took out a $5 million loan. Kevin Federline offered to co-sign the loan and then everyone had a big laugh."
– Conan O'Brien