Oliver Stone: No Contest to Pot Charge

08/11/2005 at 08:00 AM EDT

Oliver Stone: No Contest to Pot Charge
Oliver Stone
WENN /Landov
Oscar-winning Platoon and JFK director Oliver Stone pleaded no contest in Beverly Hills Superior Court on Wednesday to misdemeanor possession of marijuana, said Jane Robison, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

Stone, 58, was arrested May 27 at a drunk driving checkpoint on Sunset Boulevard when a search of his Mercedes turned up drugs, police Sgt. John Edmundson said at the time, though the officer did not specify what kind.

The next day, Stone was released after posting $15,000 bail.

At Wednesday's hearing, which the director did not attend, he paid a $100 fine and court assessments through his attorney, a court representative said, according to the Associated Press.

In 1999, Stone pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge and driving under the influence.

In other news involving Stone, his critically maligned epic Alexander, starring Colin Farrell, has fared no better on video than it did in theaters, despite Stone's recutting the picture for DVD, says the Hollywood Reporter.

Alexander on disc lost the sales and rental race to last week's No. 1 new home-video release: Guess Who, starring Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher.

Your Reaction

Follow Us

On Newsstands Now

Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Emma and Andrew: All About Hollywood's Cutest Couple
  • Prince George! More Yummy Photos

Pick up your copy on newsstands

Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine

Advertisement

From Our Partners

Watch It

Editors' Picks

From Our Partners



Sign up for our daily newsletter and other special offers.
    Choose your newsletters
Thank you for signing up! Your request may take up to one week to be processed.
    see all newsletters