Judge Continues Ban on Colin's Sex Tape

Judge Continues Ban on Colin's Sex Tape
Colin Farrell
Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

updated 08/11/2005 at 08:00 AM EDT

originally published 08/11/2005 08:00AM

A judge on Wednesday extended the ban on a 15-minute sex tape starring Colin Farrell and his Playboy playmate former girlfriend, the Associated Press reports.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge David Yaffe let stay a restraining order issued last month that forbids Farrell's ex, Nicole Narain, from selling, distributing or displaying the 2-year-old tape – which the Alexander star, 29, says in his lawsuit against her was never meant to be made public.

Farrell's suit alleges that the former Miss January, 31, was working with the owner of an X-rated Internet business and contacting the news media about the tape.

More on this story

Leodis Matthews, an attorney for Narain, said her client has not attempted to profit from the tape, but wants to keep her half of the rights to the video.

Farrell's legal action said the release of the tape would irreparably harm him and his career.

"We're pleased with the result" of Wednesday's ruling, Farrell's attorney, Martin Singer, tells New York's Daily News. "My client's privacy rights should be preserved."
MORE ON: Colin Farrell

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners