Monaco & O'Hurley Go 'Dancing' Again
08/19/2005 AT 01:00 PM EDT
The dance-off will air Sept. 20, followed by a results show on Sept. 22, ABC announced.
General Hospital actress Monaco, 29, and her professional dancing partner beat out O'Hurley (who played catalogue king J. Peterman on Seinfeld) on the hit ballroom dancing competition show on July 6.
The victory was viewed by many as an upset over the popular O'Hurley and prompted skepticism over whether Monaco had been favored because she worked on another ABC program. The network has denied the claims, and Monaco publicly defended her victory.
"That was insulting. I worked my butt off," she told PEOPLE earlier this month.
When asked by reporters if she was up for a rematch, Monaco said, "Bring it on. You want a dance-off, come on up here. I'll give you a dance-off."
As the contest unfolded on the show Monaco was often criticized for her performance, yet she managed to avoid being voted out each week – even drawing perfect scores late in the competition.
For the rematch, each pairing will perform Latin, ballroom and freestyle dances. Unlike the original series, however, they will be judged by viewer votes only, rather than by a combination of scoring by the public and judges alike.
The series itself will also return for a second season, but ABC has yet to announce a premiere date.