– Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria, who wore her sexy one-piece onstage at MTV's Video Music Awards in Miami
"We're definitely not the Susan Lucci of the VMAs."
– Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, on his band's seven VMA trophies
"Shakira. She turns me on. And I'm not on that team."
– Kelly Clarkson, on whom she was excited to see perform at the VMAs
"Well, it's not like we met and I put down my party hat. She met me, fell in love with me, then she met Darth Vader and said, 'I don't like that guy.'"
–Robert Downey Jr., to the L.A. Times, on his new wife, film producer Susan Levin
"If we decide to continue being together or not, it's our business."
– Gwyneth Paltrow, on why she doesn't talk about her relationship with husband Chris Martin to the press
"Hi, we've just gotten into an accident. Unfortunately we have a bunch of paparazzi cars also following us."
– Scarlett Johansson, in a 911 call to the California Highway Patrol after getting into a fender bender
Frank Franklin II / AP
– Martha Stewart, to reporters visiting the set of her new daytime show. Her home confinement ends tomorrow
"Yeah, yeah, I licked a toad. Tastes like chicken."
– Matt Damon, on filming a scene for The Brothers Grimm
"The 41-Year-Old Whore. That would probably be the sequel."
– Steve Carell, whose The 40-Year-Old Virgin topped the box office two weeks in a row