– Madonna, to New York City's Hunter College students during a surprise appearance as a guest lecturer
"Get the best people and don't trust them."
– Donald Trump, in a real-estate seminar for the Learning Annex. The mogul earned $1.5 million for the hour-long speech.
"People assume a brown-haired woman is more serious. The intelligent blonde is unexpected."
– Harvard grad and natural brunette Mira Sorvino, to Time, on why she dyes her hair so fair
"I've never been so happy ... I'm beaming."
– Katie Holmes, on expecting her first child with fiancé Tom Cruise
"I think part of my destiny has to be realizing that I'm not the poster boy for drug abuse."
– Robert Downey Jr.
"I never wanted to be a salesman."
– Walk the Line's Joaquin Phoenix, to Entertainment Weekly, on promoting his films
– Charlize Theron, to Entertainment Weekly, on the Oscar buzz for her new film North Country
"Jessica Simpson says she wants to star opposite Brad Pitt in the big-screen adaptation of Dallas. According to reports, Simpson has asked to play the part of Debbie."
– David Spade, on The Showbiz Show
"The Mark Twain Prize is more special to me (than any other honor) because it's more recent."
– Steve Martin, accepting the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor