– Stuart Townsend, on how he and girlfriend Charlize Theron are responding to media speculation about when they'll wed
"I've been walking like a Barbie doll since I was 4."
– Mariah Carey, on why she always wears high-heeled shoes, to Ellen DeGeneres
"I just want to tell them all to have babies and be happy and not get sucked into the Hollywood thing."
– Gwyneth Paltrow, on what advice she'd like to give young actresses, to InStyle
"I had literally starved myself for four months – not a morsel of food – to get into that pair of size-10 Calvin Klein jeans. Two hours after that show, I started eating to celebrate. Of course, within two days, those jeans no longer fit."
– Oprah Winfrey, recalling her celebrated 67-lb. weight loss in 1988, as part of her 20th anniversary show.
John Spellman / Retna
– Onetime PEOPLE Sexiest Man Alive George Clooney, on newly crowned SMA Matthew McConaughey
"You're constantly saying, 'Yeah, we did come in fourth overall, but we're No. 1 with unicorns.' "
– Arrested Development star Will Arnett, lamenting the low ratings for his critically acclaimed (and cancelled) show, to Entertainment Weekly
– Nicole Kidman, on ex-husband Tom Cruise's relationship with Katie Holmes, to USA Today
"I think Jason Lewis is a creep."
– Sex and the City actor Jason Lewis, on a man of the same name who pretended to be the star in order to get close to Lindsay Lohan
"I just kind of try to look at the pros: Thanksgiving weekend; ages 5 to 80 can see this film; I'm taking my shirt off in the film."
– Usher, on whether he thinks his movie In the Mix will have a strong opening weekend